- This course is meant for the candidate who aspires to become Technician in ELECTRICIAN.
- This course curriculum is revised and re-structured to make the First Semester Syllabus common for all the Trades under “POWER SECTOR
At the end of the course the trainee shall be able to
- Carryout Installation, maintenance & repair works of Electrical AC, DC, machinery,lighting circuits, domestic appliances and equipments used in domestic and industries.
- Read and interpret the blue print reading ( Electrical layout Drawing as per BIS
specification & standards).
- Carry out Domestic and Industrial wiring, Earthing System.
- Test electrical wiring installation , locate and rectify the faults by using megger and Earth tester.
- Make and solder the wire joints, wires on PCB and do de-soldering technique.
- Use of electrical instrument(analog/digital) like voltmeter, Ammeter, Wattmeter, Energy Meter, Wheatstone bridge, oscilloscope, Earth tester, Tong tester, etc to measure to different electrical quantities.
- Armature winding, single & three phase motor winding and small transformer windin.
- Operate, maintain and test the switch gears, circuit breakers, relays and transformer.
- Identify and maintain the Power Generating stations (conventional and nonconvential), Transmission and distribution system protecting devices.
- Construct & test semiconductor devices.
- Practice on using fitting carpentry and sheet metal tools.
- Carried out break down, over hauling, routine & preventive maintenance of electrical machines and equipments.
On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the following industries:
- All state Electricity Boards and departments.
- Public sectors, MNC, Private and Govt. Industries.
- License Certificate for self employment.
- Wiring Contractors.
- Huge job opportunities in power generation, transmission, distribution station.
- Huge abroad job opportunities.
Further learning pathways
- Apprentice training in designated trade.
- Craft Instructor certificate course.
- License Certificate in all State Electricity Boards.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering.