This course is meant for the candidates who aspire to become a professional fitter.
After successful completion of this course the trainee shall be able to perform the following skills with proper sequence.
- The trainees can work in the industry as semi-skilled fitter.
- The trainee can work in the field of pipe fitting, lathe, drilling, welding, Inspection & measurement, general fitting work observing safety precautions.
- The trainees can work on Dismantle & assemble of various valves, test the accuracy of Machine tools.
- Perform simple repair on machinery, dovetail slides and assemble with location dowel pins, stud and bolts.
- Prepare snap gauge for checking diameters to an accuracy of ± 0.02 mm
- Handle different type of Fire extinguishers
On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the following industries:
- Production & Manufacturing industries.
- Structural Fabrication like bridges, Roof structures, Building & construction.
- Automobile and allied industries
- Service industries like road transportation and Railways.
- Ship building and repair
- Infrastructure and defence organisations
- In public sector industries like BHEL, BEML, NTPC, etc and private industries in India & abroad.
- Self employment
Further learning pathways
- On successful completion of the course trainees can pursue Apprenticeship training in the reputed Industries / Organizations.
- On successful completion of the course trainees can opt for Diploma course (Lateral entry).
- On successful completion of the course trainees can opt for CITS course.